Monday, August 25, 2014

21 Day Fix -- Round 4 -- Week 1

So I have decided to go back to the fix. It is much easier on this pregnant body. I also love the modifier better when I get further along in my pregnancy. I'm also thinking about switching to Piyo once my belly gets really big but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm excited to see how The 21 Day Fix helps me stay healthy while pregnant.

I have been using the 21 Day Fix meal plan all along. When you are pregnant or breastfeeding you are supposed to add 300-600 calories to your calorie intake once you calculate it per the 21 Day Fix booklet.
15 weeks pregnant

Here is my week in review:
Monday was Total Body Cardio Fix. I love this workout. It was great to get back to the weights. I love the Ab series during round 4. For those who aren't familiar with the 21 Day Fix this workout starts out with a 3 minute warm up. Then it has four rounds two exercises a piece. You do each exercise for 60 seconds and then rest for 20 seconds. You repeat each exercise twice to make up a round. You end with a three minute cool down. For total body cardio you need one set of dumbbells. On day one back in April I started with 5 pound weights. This is such a great all over workout.

Tuesday morning I woke up sore. I remember round 1 week 1 day 2. I went back and pulled out my journal. Here is what I wrote. "Today I woke up so sore. I don't know how I am going to get down on the floor to play with the kids. It is difficult to walk up the stairs. I knew this would be hard and I'd be sore but I don't know if I can keep going." But guess what I pushed through it and I kept going! Today the soreness is much more tolerable.

I stretched throughout the day and then did my Upper Fix. This workout starts with the same warm up as Total Body Cardio and ends with a different cool down as you only really worked arms. Upper Fix is two rounds with five exercises each. Each exercise is repeated twice. You need a light and heavy set of dumbbells for these workouts. On day one back in April I use 5 and 8 pounds as my light and heavy respectively. I love that this workout hits all of your arm muscles. By the end of the workout I felt like I couldn't even lift my arms. My abs were also sore.

Wednesday morning and I work up and was still sore. Again it wasn't as bad as round 1 but it still is hard to walk up and down stairs. From my journal from April I had wrote "It is day 3. I think I'm going to take a break today. I don't think I can do another workout. My muscles are so sore. I've stretched. I tried drinking hot lemon water but nothing seems to help." Later in the day after I had pushed through the Lower Fix workout I wrote "I'm so glad I didn't quit. I'm glad I finished that workout. I feel so much better that I did it. I'm not as sore!" It is definitely mind over matter. Keep going. Your body will only go as far as you let your mind go.

The Lower Fix oh how I have a love hate relationship with you. I had found this quote during week 2 of my first round of the fix and it was so true:
It made me laugh as if you go big and do all the exercises to the best of your ability you will feel like this.

For the lower fix you need a set of heavy and light weights. You mainly use the heavy weights. The light weights are only there if you need to switch out during some exercises. This starts out with the same warm up as Total body cardio and ends with the same cool down as total body cardio. This workout is four rounds, two exercises each round, each exercise is repeated twice. Like Total Body Cardio, you do each exercise for 60 second with 15-20 seconds of rest in between exercises.

My favorite exercise is the fire hydrant. I love how it makes the side of my butt burn. I also know that it helps me lose inches in my hips.  This workout is challenging as there are tons of ten second holds to end the 60 seconds of exercise. When Autumn says get lower I try and get lower, but boy doe it burn!

Thursday I finally woke up not feeling as sore! I love that by completing leg day I actually feel better. Keep moving. Don't stop. It was time for Pilates. I love this active stretch day. This workout is a little different. It starts with a very different warm up. Then there are a few different series that you do. Each series has a varying number of exercises. Some exercises you do for a specific length of time. Others you count reps. The series you do are Abs, High Plank, C, Side, Superman, and Forearm Plank . Then it ends with a similar cool down to total body cardio fix.

My favorite series is the side series. I love working my butt and my hips as this is a trouble area for me. It is the first place I always seem to pack on the pounds. This series makes the side of my booty scream.

Friday started out to be an awesome day. I was feeling great and couldn't wait to get my workout in. I love Cardio Fix. It is one of my go to workouts if I'm somewhere where I don't have weights and want to get a good workout it. Like all the fix workouts it doesn't require a lot of space. IT is fast paced and fun.

Cardio Fix is set up exactly like Total Body Cardio Fix/ The only addition is that there is a bonus round. I remember week 1 on The Fix getting to the burpees and thinking I would never be able to do them. Today I not only did them but added the pushup to make them harder! If this is your own first week on The 21 Day Fix just keep pushing. You can do it.

Saturday we decided to surprise the girls and take them to the Pittsburgh Zoo. We already had to travel to Pittsburgh as B&C's Godfather was retiring and we had his dinner to celebrate. We decided to make it a family day. I packed our lunches and snacks. We also got up a little early to finish our workout before we left.

Dirty 30 is also a favorite of mine. This is a great total body workout that is good to do anywhere where you have weights. I love the side planks at the end. I am still shocked that I can do these. These seemed so far out of reach on week one and now I can power through them. This workout is set up exactly like Cardio Fix.

Sunday is Yoga day. I love the stretch this gives you. I also love that is stretches every part of your body. It leaves you feeling refreshed and ready for another week.

After spending this week on the 21 Day Fix I know why it is my favorite. I like Autumn Calabrese. She is a natural encourager. She gives you just enough tough love to keep you going. She motivates you to do you best without being like  drill sergeant. I think that is why she is my favorite out of the three trainers workouts that I have.

I have a 21 Day Fix group starting September 1. If you are interested in joining please message me. The first 2 people to buy challenge packs from me before Saturday (August 30th) at midnight will receive a $20 amazon gift card.

No comments:

Post a Comment