Friday, January 23, 2015

A Day I'll Never Forget

As I prepare to give birth to my last and fourth child I'm reminiscing on the birth of my first child. I'll never forget the day I found out I was pregnant. I bought the test took it and it came out positive. Daddy and I had purchased a trip to Disney for each other for our birthdays. We weren't supposed to do birthday gifts.

Every Friday night we went out for date night. Daddy chose Max and Erma's We got into the parking lot and I said would you mind opening this present for me. He was so mad at me that I got him a present. He didn't want to open it. Then finally after much coaxing he did. We were so excited.

Fast forward nine months and I was working. I remember saying to my boss that I couldn't do this anymore. That I would come into work in the morning and do what I needed to do then I do the rest of my work from home.

I was on my way home and my water broke. Off to the hospital we went. Daddy came home from work and took me to Magee.

They put me on Pitocin and labor started coming faster and faster. I remember asking for drugs at about 7 but there wasn't time as you were coming. At 8:04 you were born after very few pushes.

The thing I'll remember most is your Dad's reaction. For the first time in his life he was truly speechless. He stood there and just stared at you.


I'm excited to see your reaction when you meet baby D for the first time. I'm wondering if you will be speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment