Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hospital Go Bag

So yesterday I packed my hospital to go bag. Since this is my third go at this I think I have my bag down to a science. So what is in my bag?

  1. Comfy clothes to go home in

I know I need a comfy pair of clothes to go home it. I love taking a pair of yoga pants and a long sleeved shirt for the ride home. We don't have to go far from the hospital to our house so I don’t need anything fancy

  1. Clothes for the baby to go home in

This was hard for me as a lot of our stuff is pink! The rest of it was so trashed after three kids I wondered why I even kept it. I found a cute giraffe outfit and a cute ducky outfit for the baby to wear home.

  1. Cloth diaper

I love my cloth diapers. I will put the baby in one as soon as we are going home. I use prefolds and Bummi covers with Snappi closures. I will use the hospital diapers while we are there so I don’t have to worry about the wet bag etc.

  1. Nipple cream

I love breastfeeding my kids but know how hard it is on my nipples during those first few days. I will have my medulla nipple cream ready. I use it after each nursing session so that I don’t have problems down the road. If I'm proactive then I don't have a problem even after pumping for three months with the twins.

  1. Lip Balm

After giving birth my lips get really dry so I will have my lip balm with me

  1. Toiletries

I usually take a small thing of shampoo, my toothbrush, my hairbrush and my moose. I'm very simple. I don’t use a hair dryer ever. I don't need to be fancy just feel like I am clean.

  1. Book

I will be taking my tablet with me as it has my bible, my bible studies and my books on it. This way I can distract my mind during labor and can have something to do while I am nursing the baby.

  1. Music

I also have music on my tablet. This is also used during labor. I also have a play list saved on my I heart music on my phone and my ear buds.

  1. Phone

I will have my phone with me so that I can take pictures and post them. I love for everyone to see the baby. This is also fun as no one knows the babies sex. Will it be a boy or girl?

  1. Water bottle

If you know me I go nowhere without my water bottle. I drink so much water. I will also have my Shakeology packets with me so my Shakeology water bottle will come in handy when I want to have my Shakeology each morning during my hospital stay.

So there you have it. This is my top ten.

I'm getting so excited to meet Baby D! I cannot wait to see his/her face and hold her. This will be a bittersweet moment as I know that this is our last. Hope everyone has a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment