Friday, May 30, 2014

What is my favorite feature?


Today I decided to do something different and reflect a little bit about ourselves. I want to know what is your one favorite feature? Write it in the comments section and let me know why it is your favorite feature.

Did you know it is really easy to say something negative about yourself but hard to say something positive? Take a moment to watch this video:


As you can see by the video it takes people a much longer time to think about something they like about themselves versus mentioning something they don't like about themselves.

We tried this activity in our MOPS Summer Bible study and I was surprised at how many of us had trouble naming one thing we liked about ourselves let alone three.

So on to what is my favorite feature. This one is easy for me. It is my eyes. Brian calls them color changing. He knows my moods by what color they are. If they are a stormy gray I am angry. If they are a brilliant blue I am happy and content.

I had never noticed before I married Brian that my eyes changed colors with my mood. I've always loved my eyes because of their blueness and how they always are like windows to my soul, but once he noticed the color change I loved them even more.

So now it is your turn. What is your favorite feature?

No comments:

Post a Comment