Thursday, April 16, 2015

What motivates you?

If tomorrow you knew you could do anything and not fail what would you do? Is there something you are passionate about but are afraid of trying? I often ask myself these questions. Why? Because I know of two things I know I don't want fear to control my life and I also know that God often gives us things that we think are too big for us because he wants us to rely on his strength.

Do you have any idea what you passion is? I love loving on others and teaching. If you've never explored this question start by writing down the types of activities you like to do and the types of activities (hobbies) that make you feel good when you do them. What are your special skills and talents - don't be shy - usually if it's something we like to do we are probably good at it? What inspires you?
Once you know your passions sometimes God will give you something that you'll think is way bigger than you can ever handle. In Lysa TerKreust's book "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God" she talks a little about this. She says that as long as it doesn't go against God's Word and you are hearing affirmation from multiple sources than this "big" adventure" is probably God trying to tell you to go for it.
God will see us through. Would you imagine with me doing something that you thought was totally impossible? I never thought I'd ever lose the weight. I thought I loved food too much and it was completely impossible. I thought I don't need to care about my body as I know that I'm going to heaven no matter what. I thought that my husband loves me just the way I am and it doesn't matter that I am big.
But then God continued to give me the message that I needed to lose the weight. I kept continually being told that without losing the weight I would have more health problems soon. I was also having back and knee pain. I could barely carry both the twins at the same time. I was having trouble walking up and down stairs because me knee hurt. I also was being affirmed in scripture that I needed to take care of my body. I was seeing in scripture that our bodies are God's. That they are his holy temple and I needed to take care of it.
So last year I decided that I could do the impossible. I decided since I heard God telling me I needed to take care of myself and that everything I was hearing from trusted advisors was affirming I needed to lose the weight I made the leap of faith. I knew God would help me.
I notice that when I am close to God I make better choices. I am not as prone to eat because of emotional reasons. When I want to snack I pray first to see if that is really what I should be putting in my mouth or if I am just trying to feed my emotions. When I don't feel like working out I ask God for the motivation. In the middle of a workout when I feel like I cannot go further I ask God for that last little push. And guess what I'm succeeding.
So who wants to join me in this journey? I have another challenge group starting Monday and I'd love to have you in it! I've learned so much over this past year and I'd loved to pass it on to you. Please fill out my Challenger Information Form and I will get back to you soon. Hope you have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment