Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Food is Fuel

I don't know if you are like I was. I felt like my whole life revolved around food. I would wake up in the morning hungry and wonder what was for breakfast. Brian would make us breakfast and then the girls would wake up so it was time to make them breakfast. Then it would be snack time. Then it was lunch time. Then it was snack time again. Then it was dinner. By 8PM I was still hungry and back to looking for a snack. Wow I spent a lot of time eating today and cooking!

Then I started the 21 Day Fix. I remember the first day thinking these containers are small. How am I ever going to NOT be hungry? I meal planned on Saturday for the week. This was a new concept to me. I usually would wait till the meal, open the cupboard and grab the first thing I saw. I remember week 1 day 1. I couldn't even finish all the food that was planned for me. It was too much.

The thing I learned was that it wasn't how many times I was eating or how I was eating it was what I was eating. I love this graphic:

When I made the switch to the 21 Day Fix I decided to go all in and switch our whole family to clean eating too. You be surprised at how less hungry you feel when you aren't on a sugar low or full of salt which is actually making you body thirsty but you sometimes read as hungry.

Every time I try to go back to an "old" meal I fell horrible afterwards. I feel sluggish. I feel like I cannot move and very quickly after eating I am hungry again.

On the 21 Day Fix meal plan and clean eating I have a ton more energy. I feel great. I haven't been sick since I started (knock on wood). My skin is clear until I go back to eating bad. I don't crave sweets as much.

So why don't you join me? The 21 Day Fix Challenge Pack is the special of the month. Join me and you won't be sorry you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment