Sunday, June 8, 2014

Nature Words


One of the suggestions that our speech therapist gave us for C for the week was to have her say more nature words. I decided to take this and run with it and do a nature walk and collect different items so that C would have to use these different words. I gave each of the girls and empty egg carton and told them they had to collect items into each of the wells. I told them every well had to be something different. Here is what C collected:
They had fun picking leaves and flowers that were on the ground. They found different kinds of needles some were really prickly while others were softer. A had fun really describing the shapes, colors and differences between each item in a similar category. B&C had fun naming things as we picked them up. As a bonus we got a 2 mile walk in.
 
Thanks to our speech therapist for this idea that I took to a new level. I hope your kids enjoy this as much as ABC did.

No comments:

Post a Comment