Sunday, January 18, 2015

Letter to my Children


Today I wanted to try something different. I'm 21 days from my due date with child number 4. It is finally sinking in that we are having another child.  I'm shocked at how quickly this pregnancy went. I'm also shocked at how great I feel and look this pregnancy compared to my previous two. I wanted to write some thoughts for my kids as we expand our family from 5 to six.

A please don't ever lose your encouraging and helping. When I'm at my lowest you know how to say the right thing to pick me up. We I am so tired I feel like I cannot do another thing you are right there to help me. You may only be 5 but you have taught me so much. Watching the world through your eyes is like seeing everything new. I love how you care for your classmates and grieve when they are grieving. I also love how you always want to take them cards just to let them know you love them.

B sometimes your Diva attitude hits my last nerve but I know God has a special purpose for it. I love you talkativeness. I love the constant questions even though some of them are hard to answer. I love the running commentary of my day from the eyes of a 3 year old. I love of afternoon cuddles when you are the first to wake up from nap and no one else in the house is awake. I love your skinny little butt that doesn’t hold up any pants so you always look like a plumber

C I love your personality. I sometimes get frustrated that you only have two volumes loud and louder but love hearing your voice. I love your random hugs. I love that you just come over as I'm cooking or cleaning and kiss my tummy just to say hi to your baby brother or sister and then run away and go back to playing. I love how much you look up to your older sisters and how much you just want to play with them and love them. You are definitely the peace maker in this family.

Baby D, you are coming into a family full of lots of loves and cuddles. This family does "I'm sorry" and practices forgive and forget. We will not let anyone use us as a door mat but believe in second chances. We love God and each other. If you are a boy I feel a little bad for you as your are going to be completely hen pecked by three older sisters. If you are a girl be ready for a house full of pink and purple!

I'm excited for this next chapter of our life to start and cannot wait to see if the baby is a boy or a girl. I'm also excited to be a mom of four! Hope you all have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment