Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pumpkin Yogurt

So today A had snack day at PreK. This week they are learning all about pumpkins. So I decided to stick with the theme and make pumpkin yogurt and then made homemade pretzels in the shape of pumpkins. I even died the bread dough orange.

She has such a cool teacher. Today they got to become junior scientists and explore pumpkins. Her teacher cut a pumpkin open and had them touch the seeds.
 
They did an experiment to see if a pumpkin floats or sinks. Do you know? More on this in a minute. They got to estimate the number of seeds in a pumpkin. Miss Julie even took home the seeds and is going to roast them so they can have them tomorrow.
 
I will always remember Brian and I's first Underwater Haunted Quarry with Splash Water Sports Inc. For the pumpkin carving contest you had to take a pumpkin underwater to 20-60 feet and carve it. The pumpkin couldn't have any prior markings or be punctured before you got to depth. Those pumpkins are buoyant! It took so much weight to get it to sink. It also reminds me how much I miss diving and miss my Splash family!
From this year's Underwater Haunted Quarry (Picture credits Jeffrey Massetti Owner/Master Instructor of Splash Water Sports Inc. ) 

So now that I've went on a tangent I will give you the recipe.
Pumpkin Yogurt

Ingredients:
2 cups Pure Pumpkin Puree (make sure it has no added sugar or salt)
1.5 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp honey

Directions:
Mix together in a bowl until well blended
Chill for one hour
Enjoy.

1 and 3/4 cup of this counts for 1 purple, 1 red, and 1 tsp on the 21 Day Fix eating plan.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as the kids did. It must have been a huge hit as A came back with the bowl almost clean and ABC finished it off at lunch time. Hope everyone has a blessed day.




No comments:

Post a Comment