Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 2 Piyo


So many of you know that this week I decide to tackle Piyo. I want to take the next eight weeks and give Piyo a try. I know that this program will increase my flexibility and stamina and may help in labor and delivery when it is time to have the baby.
 
I’m still unsure about this program after week one. I didn’t sweat a lot on any of the workouts. I know sweating isn’t an indicator of how hard I worked but I like to sweat as it makes me feel like I am working. I thought that I would get bored with it and the pace would be too slow for me but so far it is just the right speed for me at 25 weeks pregnant tomorrow. It isn’t as fast as The Fix and makes me miss the high speed of T25 but I know at this stage in the game I need to just stay active and not hurt myself while working out.

Some know that at 16 weeks I was put on progesterone to help keep the baby in my tummy. I will take these shots weekly until I am at 36 weeks. This is a precautionary measure as the twins were born at 27 weeks. There is not any real data with moms in my situation that had a singleton at 38 weeks, then twins at 27 weeks and are now pregnant with a singleton. Many know my husband is a pharmacist and I am a bioengineer. We made the decision that the benefits far outweighed the side effects. This makes me even more cautious working out lately.
 
With week 1 in the books I lost a pound! What how did I do that? I was shocked when I stepped on the scale this morning as I did cheat a few times this week. I made buffalo chicken dip one night for a snack and then yesterday had a cupcake and some candy corn at a goodbye party for a friend. Here are my pictures from today:

Here is my recap from the week:
Day 1: Align: The Fundamentals: This workout is basically a beginner DVD. IT is 45 minutes long and teaches you all the basic moves the trainer will use for the rest of the program.  You only do this “workout” once at the beginning and can refer back to it if you are confused as to how to do any of the moves as you progress through the workout calendar. I did use my mat. I didn’t have to use a chair but if you are a beginner a chair is recommended. I also did the workout bare foot. I felt great after this workout. I felt so stretched out and fell like I can do all the moves without modifications at this stage in the game.

Monday night I was lying in bed and I had muscles that were aching that I haven’t had ache in a long time. It felt so good. I love working new muscles. I’m excited to see my results with this program. I think my biggest challenge is going to be the tricep pushups. I’m still after 6 months not great at pushups. I can do more than I could do one day one which was 0 but still find them challenging especially now that I am pregnant and have a tendency to tip forward. I cannot wait to see if I can do more pushups at the end of these eight weeks.

Day 2: Define: Lower Body:  This workout is 21 minutes long. It was over before I knew it. I loved the flow of the entire workout. There is a lot of lunges in this workout so if you cannot do lunges then this workout  is not for you. There is also some time spent in down dog and pigeon. I loved this workout and it made my legs feel weak afterwards. It was such a great feeling. I didn’t break a sweat but knew I was working.

A few hours after my workout I could feel some other muscles I used that haven’t been used in a while. I was still having a dull ache when I walked up stairs. I love this feeling as I know that I worked!

Day 3: Define: Upper Body: When I started this workout I kept thinking where is the upper body workout. It seemed to start slowly into the upper body workout and have more of an overall stretch. A few triceps pushups didn’t really seem like an upper body workout but by the end of this 20 minute workout my arms were sore. It had a great variety and hit many different arm muscle groups.  I love that I can still do full pushups while pregnant. I love how strong my upper body is and am excited to see how much stronger this program can make them. This was another workout that I felt like I blinked and it was over. I also liked that 20 minutes and it was done and then I could get on with my day.

Day 4: Sweat: This has to be my favorite workout of the series so far. It was so incredible. It is 37 minutes long but it felt like I blinked at it was over. It was an all over workout. I couldn’t believe how many pushups I did. I did them all on my toes too. No modification for this girl. I felt so great after this workout. I felt like I could run a million miles. I’m already feeling more limber and feeling like I’m sitting straighter. I even find that it is hard to sit on certain chairs with my feet under me which is a bad habit I have. I’m excited to continue this program and see my results.

Day 5: Rest: Today was a rest day. I didn’t really rest though as we had a play date in the gym at church this morning. Before everyone got there we ran a few laps and then I spent some time playing and holding babies. It was such a fun morning and a great break. Also I did yoga with the girls as they wanted to do their ABC yoga. I cannot believe after just 4 workouts how much more flexible I am. I also cannot believe I lost a pound this week so far. While I thought this program was easier than the 21 Day Fix I’m still seeing results.

Day 6: Define: Lower Body: Today I pushed myself a little harder. I really didn’t feel like working out as we spent most of the morning raking leaves and bagging them for the garbage men. I also picked up all the sticks that were in the yard. Lots of squatting and lifting. So I just wasn’t in the mood to workout but I made myself as I knew I’d feel better afterwards.

Today  started the warrior series on my left leg as it repeats twice on the first left you do and then only does it once on the second leg. This way I evened out the series from Tuesday and did two rounds on my right keg and two rounds on my left leg. I felt so great afterwards. I was ready to tackle the rest of the day.

Day 7: Define: Upper Body: Today I felt like I was moving though muck but I know it was because I had a cupcake with lunch and didn’t eat my normal lunch as we were at a good bye party for a friend and I didn’t plan well. I did do all the pushups on my feet and I can fell myself getting stronger and more flexible.

Here is my meal plan for week 2. I’m switching back to the 21 Day Fix meal plan as it is one less thing for me to think about.

 
Here is my schedule for week 2:

I hope everyone has a great week. I cannot wait to see what week 2 of Piyo brings. I’m also excited as my challenge group starts preseason today. I cannot wait to see what these ladies do in the next 30 days. If you are interested in joining us please let me know as I still have a few spots left. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment