Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Reflections on our ninth anniversary

I cannot believe that we are celebrating out nine year anniversary today. It has been a long road and it hasn't always been easy. I wouldn't change a thing as we are stronger together for everything that has happened. I'm so lucky to have a partner, friend, lover and confidant like Brian to share this crazy world with.

Let's start at the beginning. I met Brian first day of band camp freshman year at the University of Pittsburgh. We were only 18 years old. I still didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up. My mom wanted me to be a doctor but that really wasn't what I wanted but I pursued the dream any way. 
 
The year I took Organic Chemistry was the year we started getting closer together. He'd help me study and then we'd have fun together. We feel in love. We started dating but I wasn't ready to move as fast as he was. He was already talking marriage and I just wanted to have fun. We broke up.
Our Matron of honor and I shortly after we graduated in 2002
 
Then fast forward a few years. Brian was ready to graduate from Pharmacy School. He was accepted to the residency program at the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. I knew I couldn't let him leave without letting him know I love him.
Brian and Brian at a Pitt game 2003(?)
 

A few short months later we got engaged on September 14, 2004 at Gateway Lodge. Then on October 29, 2005 we got married on the most beautiful fall day. We had our ceremony at Heinz Chapel and our reception at The Fez on Hopewell.  It wasn't the small wedding we wanted but like everything else I went with it.
October 29, 2005

For the next few years we had a ton of fun. We traveled all around the world. We became SCUBA instructors.  I learned about myself. We got to spend time as a couple and grow.
Gilboa 2008

Then in September of 2009 God blessed us with A. In 2011 we were blessed with B and C. Wow the lessons we have learned together being parents!
A

B

c
 

I'll never forget when God gave Brian a wakeup call when A was only six months old. I cannot believe how our marriage was transformed. God was now the center of it. I'll never forget the day Brian got baptized on June 1 2011. When the twins were born at 27 weeks we were prepared as we had God on our side.  We had peace through the troubles.

Then three short months later we were following God's lead and moving to Erie. What a scary but great hear where we knew we were following the will of God but had no clue what life had in store for us.
Halloween 2011

Halloween 2011

Three years later and life in Erie has been great. We've grown serving together, studying the bible together, talking together, and just spending time together. God has shown us that as long as he is the center of our marriage we can conquer anything. We have nine years down but I feel like four years ago is when our marriage really started as we finally "got it".
February 2014
September 2014
 Im hoping for our 10 year anniversary we can renew ours vows. I think we finally understand the true meaning of the wedding vows. I want to do it this time knowing that God is joining us. Brian here is to the next 50-60 years and then life in eternity. I love you do much. Happy anniversary my KISA.

No comments:

Post a Comment