Friday, February 27, 2015

Month One with Four

I cannot believe D is one month old today. Where did the month go? Everyone said to me that once you have 2 kids the rest get easier. I never believed this until now. It has been the easiest transition for us yet. This may be a skewed perception though as we went from 1 to 3 overnight so 3to 4 doesn't seem like a big deal at all.

A is such a great big sister. She loves holding D. She kisses and hugs her whenever she gets a chance. She is most likely to be seen trying to burp her or make her quit crying. I'm so lucky to have an older child this time around.
B is more of the lover. She will want to bounce the baby but has no patience so it looks like she is going to give her whip lash. She is the first one to jump up when you ask for something because she will do anything to get D to stop crying.

C is still surprising me. She doesn't want to hold her baby sister. She loves her and gives her kisses but isn't as affectionate like the other two. After a month she finally held her last night. She is also doing things to act out because she is no longer the youngest. I know it will get better soon.

D is a great baby and is pretty laid back. We do have a period of time from about 8-10 where she will just want to eat and eat and eat. If you put her down before she is full she will just scream. This has been the hardest adjustment for us as this was Brian and I's time together. We know that this is only a season but it is hard knowing Brian went back to work this week.

She is growing. In one month she is 2 pounds over her birth weight. We had to pull out the 0-3 month clothes as the newborn size didn't fit her.

She is also strong. She can already hold her head up and loves tummy time.

I'm so thankful for my morning Shakeology. There are many days I couldn't get through without it. It is so easy to make. I can make it and drink it one handed while nursing. Then I have energy for the rest of the day. I also know that at least one meal I'm getting all the nutrients I need.

I also resumed working out last week. It felt good to start working out again. I love getting my body moving. It also helps me get my energy up when I really want to hide in the afternoon.

All in all month one has been awesome. I loved having three weeks with Brian at home. It was nice to reconnect as a couple. I also enjoyed just holding D and not having to worry about laundry, cooking, etc. I'm so lucky my husband can do that and help me in that way. Week one solo with four girls was awesome. Besides picking A up late from PERK one day and dropping her off late another it went real well. I'm excited to see what month two will bring. I'm so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment