Monday, April 6, 2015

Week1 Piyo and T25 hybrid

This week has been awesome. It didn't go quite as planned but I still made progress. I had more cheats than I wanted this week since we were on vacation but I know that I can just jump right back on to my clean eating plan this week and not feel guilty!

Monday was Piyo Sculpt. I loved getting back to Piyo. Those triceps pushups are a killer. I had to modify after a few sets as I was losing my form and I had to drop to my knees. I couldn't believe how flexible I was. My nutrition was perfect today. I absolutely loved how I felt after this workout. Muscles that I didn't even know I had were sore.

Tuesday was Focus T25 Speed 1.0. I forgot how fun this workout is. It has moments of fast paced footwork intermixed with stretch. It felt so good to get moving like this again. I loved every moment of this workout. I also loved how I could do almost all of it with any modification. I ended up having to modify a little bit because my hamstrings started to burn so bad.
My nutrition was perfect again. I feel so awesome. I pushed my body today and didn't want to take a nap. I ran the sweeper in the entire house, cleaned the first floor,  did laundry, cleaned both girls car seats, cleaned a portion of the basement, and much more. I felt like a million bucks. I felt like I could do anything!

Wednesday we traveled all day to Charleston, WV. The total drive time was five and a half hours. But of course we stopped a few times and it felt like we were in the car seven hours. All in all with four kids, one being nine weeks old, I think adding one and a half hours wasn't too bad.

When we got to the hotel I need my workout. We did Piyo Core. It was such an awesome workout. We did have to move some furniture around to make room but it was doable in hotel room. The side series in this workout is a killer but I managed to do it all without modifying. I love this workout and how it made me feel afterwards.

I had an awesome dinner. I had pizza but made sure to stay within my containers. It was awesome to be able to eat healthy and still enjoy something that I love. Then I had my cheat. We went and had homemade ice cream. I got a small waffle cone and I savored every moment.

On Thursday I walked most of the morning. We went to the Children's Museum. then we went to a place called capitol market and go healthy sandwiches and fresh vegetables. I did awesome on my nutrition today even getting a small steak with vegetable and salad for dinner. I was so proud of myself.
Carrying the baby on the front and the diaper bag on my back was a workout itself 

Today we did T25 Cardio and it was awesome. I felt so powerful after this workout. It felt good to get moving. I was also exhausted by the time we got back to the hotel. IT was 8:30 and I was ready for bed. My back hurt from carrying the baby in the carrier and the diaper bag on my back all day. This trip has been totally worth it.

Friday we woke up to rain. It was thunderstorming and there was lots of wind. We went to the capitol museum and the capitol building. Both were completely awesome. The museum was completely neat. It was cool to see how West Virginia was part of the south and then became the 35th state in the United States. It was cool to see how the state became the way it is today. the capitol buildings marble was absolutely beautiful. I was also surprised at how accessible everything is. We just walked right in.

Today we did Piyo Buns. This is one of my favorite Piyo workouts as I know my butt will look awesome in my bathing suit this summer because of it. I absolutely felt awesome when I finished it. I forgot to set my fitbit before the workout so I have no clue how many calories I burned :(

I did really great on my nutrition till dinner. We went to an Italian family restaurant. I ended up getting a Cannolli. I had salad without dressing. I skipped the bread. My cannoli had a little cheese and lots of lamb and spinach. IT wasn't quite the correct portions but it is one meal and I'm moving on. I won't feel guilty and will get back on it tomorrow.

Saturday brought a day of traveling. We wanted to get in some last minute fun in Charleston before we left. Instead of doing our scheduled we headed down to the hotel pool. It was fun to swim with the girls. D loved the water. I think she is going to be a fish like A. Then we packed up and drove around a while before heading home.

My nutrition was good in the car. I was proud I didn't cave into something too horrible and completely off my eating plan. I even picked up a vegetable snack on the way home.
 
We ended up in Pittsburgh at the perfect time so we went to Easter service at Orchard Hill Church. I missed my church family. It was great to see so many old friends. I'm always amazed at how welcome everyone feels as soon as they walk in. It was nice to be back home.
 
Sunday was a rest day. I needed it. We didn't get home until late and then by the time we got everyone asleep it was late! I enjoyed our trip but needed some time to at home before we start out another hectic week. It was also Easter. We decided to not doing anything for the girls this year. Since when has Easter become like Christmas? It was our decision that we'd get the girls something small that they wanted but not do the whole Easter Bunny thing. We want them to know the true meaning of Easter.
 
This week will be a fun week. We have lots of exciting things planned and the weather is supposed to be nicer here in Erie, PA. I'm hoping for a few evening family walks. I miss that time to talk to my husband and have the girls outside playing. Here is my schedule for the week:
I am not doing a meal plan this week. We have been at this for a year tomorrow (April 7th)! This week's plan is to use what we have instead of buying new things.  I usually try to do this pantry and freezer cleanout a few times a year. It ends up in some interesting combos but is always fun. I will be grocery shopping today but only buying the staples. We usually have the same things for breakfast, lunch and snacks.
 
I also wanted to make the comment that I wasn't perfect this week. I stuck to my meal plan as much as possible but did have more cheats this week than usual. I also didn't exercise one day this week. I had already scheduled a rest day and then didn't exercise on Saturday either. My swim was fun but it wasn't anything like my T25 workout. Even though I wasn't perfect this week I still managed to lose 0.4 pounds. I wanted to mention this as I wanted to say just get started. Just making small changes will help you start to see results and get you headed in the right direction.
  
 
I hope everyone has a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment