Monday, November 10, 2014

Piyo Week 3 Recap

I'm excited to share what week 3 brought me. I had an awesome week. I gained another pound bringing my total up to 12 pounds in 27 weeks of pregnancy. My OB is still shocked at how great I look. I'm so excited at how well this pregnancy is going. I'm also excited of how great I feel. I still have so much energy.

Day 1: Define: Upper Body: I started with Define: Lower Body as I didn't leave the house all day. A was off from school. We did projects all day. It felt so good to stretch my legs. It also felt good to do the warriors series. Then I did Define: Upper Body. I love rolling like a ball. It is fun especially stopping in the V sit position. I'm getting stronger every day.

Day 2: Buns: Let me first say I started my day way off my game. I had my blood glucose screen for pregnancy this morning and I had to drink that orange drink. You know the one? This one:

I hadn't eaten anything in the previous 12 hours before drinking it. I was so hungry by the end of my appointment. AS I knew we had to do grocery shopping I was glad I had packed everything to make my Shakeology.

This may be my new go to non-bender recipe. I has 1 cup pumpkin puree, 15 ounces water, 7 ice cubes, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/2 tsp allspice and 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology. I put into my shaker cup and shook vigorously.  IT was so yummy and it definitively filled me up.

 
So onto Piyo Buns. This workout was hard. It is 28 minutes long. I wore shoes for this workout as you didn't use a mat. I could have used the mat towards the end as there was a section on all fours and my knee hurt even though I put my t-shirt underneath them. This workout was tough! It had a ton of squatting. There was also a section at the end where you were on all fours. It was killer especially the elbow plank leg lifts. My legs felt like jello by the end of the workout and the side of my butt hurt. I cannot wait to see how this workout defines my butt and helps my pants fit in that area.

Day 3: Core: I so wanted to get this workout in today. I even did it while the girls were awake. The had so much energy that I thought let's let them do it with me. They also didn't want to nap without mom. The reason I became a coach was to add a little extra income to our house to pay off all the medical bill debt and be able to spend time with my kids when they needed me so I went for it.

C is by far the best at the yoga poses. This surprises me as she I the one that had the toughest time learning to walk and run. She was also the one that had a small stroke while in the NICU. At one point we were told she may never walk and if she did it wouldn't be great.  As we know God is good and she walks, runs and plays and no one would have any clue. It was a long road with lots of physical therapy from our wonder therapist from the Achievement Center but now she is doing yoga with me and seems to be able to do every move.

Core kicked my butt today. I was so sore by the end I was glad to lay down with the girls. I pushed myself hard as I love these exercises. I love this workout as it isn't all on your back doing crunches. It has lots of variety. It is just perfect for this pregnant lady who doesn't want to be on her back for long. I'm so excited to see what the rest of this week brings.

Day 4 : Define: Lower Body: Today I lacked motivation to workout. I tried ever excuse in the book. I even procrastinated by spending time in my challenge group pages and answering emails. I knew I needed it because of the lackadaisical attitude.

Finally I just pushed myself through it and I was so glad I did. I even added Define: Upper Body. I really needed to get out of my funk and that was just what I needed. 40 minutes of uninterrupted Piyo. I felt so much better after my workout. I was also more focused and ready to face the rest of the day even when the girls woke up early from nap and were full of energy and Brian still wasn't home from work.

Day 5: Rest:   I love that Friday's are rest day. Usually by Fridays I am a little frazzled from the week. This week was especially crazy as Brian worked many later days and then my mother in law decided to come pick A up today for a princess weekend.  She picked A up at lunch time. I decided to take a snuggle nap with B and C to start off their princess weekend.

I truly took a rest today. It has been a long time since I took as rest day like this and my body felt so glorious after it. I definitely needed it. Friday night is pizza and movie night in our house. I make a healthy version of pizza with a whole wheat pizza crust. See my recipe Here

Day 6: Sweat: Since A was a meem and papa's and we had just B and C they got to choose where they wanted to go out to lunch. They choose Steak and Shake. I counted this as my cheat meal for the week. We had fun and I didn't go over board as it would have been easy to do.

I definitely needed the Sweat when I came home. It felt so good to work out. I love feeling the sweat. I also love how limber I feel afterwards.

Day 7: Strength Intervals: This workout is 22 minutes long. you don't need a may but they all wear shoes for it. I have very flat feet so I have my running shoes with a good arch that I used for this workout. It may seem like a short workout but it makes you sweat! i had to stop once during this workout as my heart rate was too high. I did the entire workout without any modifiers but stopped once. It has a good variety of stretch mixed in with high bouts of cardio. I think this may be my new favorite workout in the bunch.

Here is my schedule for week 4:

I'm going to use the same meal plan as last week. I'm not much of a variety person and I need easy this week as I have a busy week. I also need simple at this stage of the game of my pregnancy. I hope everyone has a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment