Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Week 5 Recap

This week was an awesome week. I didn't gain any weight but had to skip my first workout in 29 weeks. I did make it up on my rest day though. Here is my pictures for the week:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
29 weeks pregnant
 
Day 1: Sculpt: This morning we did all the grocery shopping. This meant we went to two different stores to stock up the house. IT was a snowy day but the snow was heavy and wet. I was tired when I got home and unloaded the car. I had lots of big items from SAMS Club like 25 pound bag of flour and 10 pound bag a brown rice. We also went to walk around the mall afterwards until it was time for A to be finished with preschool.

As you can imagine I was a little tired after my morning and made every excuse in the book as to why I shouldn't work out but I made myself push play. Sculpt is 27 minutes long. She says to wear shoes and use a mat but I didn't put on my shoes. Mainly I was too lazy to walk back upstairs to get a pair of socks after all the walking I did this morning. Finally at 28 weeks I feel like I'm pregnant and am starting to have to slow down a little. Also the baby is pushing upwards and I sometimes find it hard to catch my breath. You will also need a chair for this workout.  

Sculpt is broken into sections. There is a warm up, leg, full body, arm and the buns and cool down section. This is a great 27 minute full body workout for a day when you want to do something quick but effective. My legs were like jelly after the leg section. My triceps ached all evening after the arm section and then the cool down section that included some chair work. I felt great after this workout and was glad I did it.

Day 2: Sweat: This morning was bible study. It was so great to be back studying the book of revelations. IT was very icy out this morning. I almost feel on my butt in the church parking lot three times! I was lucky we all made it into the building.

Sweat was awesome this afternoon. I cannot believe how much stronger I am getting using this program. I'm in love with it and am so glad I decided to give it a try and do the entire eight weeks.

Day 3: Core: This morning was my only day at home this week so I had to make the most of it. I did laundry and baked. The girls and I did art projects and we read books.

So core was so difficult for me last week with my growing belly I decided to skip it today and substitute Dirty 30 from the 21 Day Fix. It felt so good to get some weights back in my hands. I only used 5lbs for the entire workout and felt great. I also did some of the modifiers. My one recommendation is slow and controlled. You don’t need to go as fast as them to get results. Slow down a little and get the move done correctly. Also watch your heart rate with a little one on board. You don't want it to get to high. What a great workout!

Day 4: Drench: This morning was my OB appointment. It was so snowy out that I had to drop Abby off at school early to get to my appointment on time. I am still measuring two weeks ahead. I didn’t gain any weight according to their scale this past two weeks. It was a great appointment.

Then B and C and I went to play at the mall. We had so much fun walking and running and playing. By the end though I  was having some Braxton Hicks Contractions so I decided to skip my workout today. This is the first workout I skipped in the almost 29 weeks of my pregnancy. Tomorrow is a rest day so I will make up the workout tomorrow. I'm hoping to take it easy and feel better. I need the baby to stay in.

Day 5: Rest: Today we had mommy connection. We ran around in the gym and had a ton of fun. I brought the kids riding toys and they were all over and having a blast.

Then I came home and did drench to make up for the missed workout yesterday.  This is a long workout. It is 45 minutes. It was a great workout but really hard. I actually had to stop the tape a few times and catch my breath. I don't think this is going to be a good option for me for the rest of my pregnancy.

Day 6: Buns: Today we went to fill our Operation Christmas Child boxes. I love watching the girl's joy in serving others. It was so much fun watching them pick items for their boxes. A was filling hers for a 4 yr old girl, B picked a 3 yr old girl and C wanted a 3 yr old boy.

Then I did buns this afternoon. I love this workout. It felt good to get moving and work my buns. I also love how well this works all the muscles groups of your buns.

Day 7: Strength Intervals: This morning we did church and then had a fun morning as a family.

When we came home I did strength intervals. I love this workout. IT is quick but effective. The beast position towards the end is the only one I have trouble with as all the turning can hurt. I need slow it down but can still do the modified version.

My plan for this week is to stop Piyo exclusively. There is too many moves I cannot do well with bring pregnant. Instead I am going to try a Piyo 21 Day Fix Hybrid Schedule in hopes that I can continue to work out but not have so many twisting moves that make me have Braxton Hicks Contractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment