Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Week 4 Recap


We had an awesome week 4 of Piyo. Since I am half way through the program I decided to take some measurements. I was surprised at my results. I gained 4 pounds which is right on target for my 1 pound a week as I am entering the third trimester of my pregnancy. What I was surprised at was that in four weeks I've lost 3.5 inches! I lost 2.5 inches from my chest and .5 inches from each thigh. This is incredible as this week I didn't really watch my diet all that well. I'm also surprised that my waist is still 2 inches smaller than when I started this fitness journey almost eight months ago. Here are this week's pictures:
























28 weeks pregnant

Day 1: Sweat: Today was a crazy day. I had to do grocery shopping. I love grocery shopping as I know we fill our fridge with lots of healthy stuff and the girls will eat it.

Then I did Piyo Sweat. I can totally tell I am getting stronger and gaining more balance. I didn't wobble during the runner's lunge today. I also did the entire first series that has lots of one leg balance work without having to put my leg down once! It was such an accomplishment for me.

Afterwards I needed to the girls to run off some energy as Brian was at a late work meeting. We went for a 1.22 mile walk. It was a beautiful night and it felt good to be out.  It was more of a run though with me pulling the wagon with B in it as C and A wanted to run. 

Day 2: Core: Today we went out and enjoyed the beautiful weather by raking leaves. I did four bags full before my workout and then got the girls down for nap. I worked out and then helped Brian finish getting all the leaves picked up before the snow falls later tonight/tomorrow. It felt so good to still have the energy to do this even after working out and knowing I'm 27 weeks pregnant today!

Core is probably the hardest workout for me in that it has a lot of turning. I have to be really careful being pregnant not to over extended my Ab muscles. I want to see results but don't want to hurt myself.

Day 3: Buns: Today was a great day as we spent the day at home doing projects as B and C call them. It was a nice restful day. I love spending time with the girls like that while A is in school. It makes them feel special.

I did Buns once I got them down for nap. I love all the squats in this workout. There is enough variety that just as I feel like I need to quit because my legs cannot take one more rep she switches it out. I can also tell my pants are fitting different. I know that my butt is a different shape!

Day 4: Drench: Today was a MOPS day. This is the day I usually let myself cheat on my nutrition. I usually don't go overboard but do allow myself to hit the buffet and splurge a little.

Then we came home and played in the first snow of the season. It just kept falling. We made Olaf complete with hair. We ran around in the yard and had a snow ball fight.

After I got the girls down for a late nap it was time for Drench. Tis was a tough workout for me. I kept getting out of breath but made it through the entire 48 minutes workout. All you need is a mat for this workout. I'm a lot stronger than I think. There was a few times I wanted to quit but I pushed through and felt so much better afterwards.

The hardest move for me was the beast section. I have a hard time rotating like that without my baby bump getting in the way. I also struggled a little bit on a section that had lunges and a piyo flip. I did it but it wasn't pretty.

I'm feeling more and more limber every day. I especially love how I felt after today's workout. I felt like I could conquer anything.

Day 5: Rest: Today was a rest day and I needed it. We went to mommy connection this morning and I played chase with the girls for a long time. Then after lunch we went back out to play in the snow. I could not believe how much more had fell in the 24 hours since we were last outside to play. Poor B was getting lost in the snow as it was tall in some of the drifts.

 
Day 6: Strength Intervals: Today we went out and played in the snow all morning. We had a rough night last night. No one wanted to sleep. It was a night where you feel like a pinball in a pinball machine bouncing from one girl to the next.  Brian got up with them this morning so I could get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.

We made the biggest snowman and had a ton of fun playing chase. The dog was in her glory just running free. It was also so pretty to see all the snow with the fall leaves that have yet to fall. I am noticing that I get winded more easily. I guess that comes with entering the third trimester. That doesn’t mean I'm giving up my workouts. 

Strength intervals was challenging. I don't know if it was because we were running around in 15 inches of snow all morning or that I'm just slowing down at 28 weeks pregnant. I had to do about 1/4 of the modifiers. Not a bad thing at all.

Day 7: Sweat: This was a great workout and much needed today. I definitely sweated and loved every moment.

Here is my plan for this week:

Couples challenge start November 24th. Want to lose 10-15 pounds before Christmas? Then why don't you grab your partner and join us. Have a blessed week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment