Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 2 Piyo Recap

I cannot believe week two is in the books and I start week 3 this week! I love this program. I'm glad I decided to stick with it. I'm a believer after week 2. I thought it was going to be boring. I also didn't think just doing yoga and pilates could keep me in shape. Boy was I wrong. I already feel stronger and more limber. I'm excited to see what week 3 will bring.

Tomorrow I will be 26 weeks pregnant. I gained 0.4 pounds this week. My eating plan was abandoned one day this week as we went out to eat for out anniversary and went to olive garden. I had way to many yellows and not enough reds that day. I'm thankful to be still exercising and working out. I'm getting nervous as I gave birth to the girls 10 days from now. I'm hoping that this pregnancy will not results in a NICU baby.
 
Day 1: Sweat: Today I was already really warmed up when I started my workout. I've been promising A a nature walk at Asbury Woods before it snowed. Today we made that happen. We walked 2.5 miles and had a ton of fun. Then I came home got ABC down for nap and then moved on to my sweat workout.

I love this workout. It actually lived up to its name today and I sweated. I pushed myself really hard. At one point I thought I was going to have to pause the workout and catch my breath but I made it through. I have trouble with the runners balance. I can do it but it isn't pretty. MY ankle wobbles a lot. I will get it!

I love how healthy I feel and the fact that I can keep up with the girls no matter what they want to do. I'm no longer that mom that after dinner just wants to sit on the couch and do nothing as I'm too tired to do anything. Instead my body is properly fueled and I have the strength to do just about anything. 

Day 2: Define: Lower Body: I love how quick this workout is. It was a perfect workout for today as it was 77 and warm out and I wanted to get outside to play with the girls. I finished the workout and cannot believe how much more flexible I already feel. Then we went for a 3 mile walk before the rain started. I love how much energy I have! I also love how much stronger I feel even though I'm not using weights.

Day 3: Core: Today I started out by taking a 2 hour walk at the zoo with a good friend and her daughter. It was so nice to be outside even though it was a little chilly. Then this afternoon I pressed play on the Piyo core. This is one workout where they have shoes on their feet. She mentioned you didn’t want to slip and with being pregnant I took her caution and put on shoes.

This workout is 30 minutes long. It starts with a stretch and then goes into standing core work. Then it has some traditional core exercises where you lay on your back and crunch. There is also a nice plank section. Also there is a roll up side plank section that was challenging but fun. It ends with a nice stretch. I made it through the entire workout with no modifications. It seems like just as you feel you cannot do one more rep that she switches positions.

My upper abs are a little sore as well as my oblique's. MY arms feel like jelly. I did sweat just a tiny bit but I know by how my muscles feel that I worked hard.  I liked this workout and cannot wait to do it again to try and master some of the moves or at least improve!

Day 4: define: Upper Body: Today I was tired. I really didn't feel like working out but I pressed play anyways. I love the variety in this workout. I also loved how my arms felt like jelly by the end. I also knew my abs worked as they were sore.

Sometime over night the baby moved further up towards my ribs instead of down lower in my pelvis. This made some exercises more challenging but I still didn’t have to modify anything.

As an extra I did define: lower body too. I needed the extra boost today. I felt so good after I worked out. I actually had energy and could finish out my day. I even did four loads of laundry and got three put away. I love how my stress melts away and my mood changes when I exercise.

Day 5: Rest Day: today was anything but a rest day. First I had Mommy Connection and we played in the gym. I had a little Harvest Party for all our friends. We did pumpkin bowling, picture frames, some fishing, and played balloons. All the kids had fun and us moms got some time to sit and chat too.


Then tonight was trick or treating. We walked 2 miles linear, but crossed the street many times so we actually walked further than that. The girls has so much fun and I was proud of myself. I only ate 2 pieces of candy and then stopped.

 Day 6: Sweat: I wish I could do this work out every day.  I love how much stronger and flexible I feel after this workout. I'm in love with it especially the section that has burpees. I used to hate burpees. Now I adore them. I also like the stretch strength section with all the pushups. I was one of those people who thought they'd never be able to do pushups on their toes and now I can do the whole workouts worth on my toes. I was so sweaty today after this workout I had to hit the showers. I pushed myself so hard and it felt great.

Day 7: Core: I absolutely nailed this workout today. MY favorite portion is the punter exercise towards the end. I cannot believe I can see my foot behind my head and then extend my leg and kick! I am amazed at my flexibility after just 14 days of Piyo. I'm also loving the way my arms and legs look. They are getting more sculpted by doing this program. I'm excited to see what week 3 brings.

Here is my workout plan for week 3:

Here is my meal plan for week 3:

I'm love Piyo. I am a believer now. I cannot wait to see what the next 6 weeks brings! Hope everyone has a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment