Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Turkey Meatballs

I was hungry for some good old fashioned meatballs the other day. I didn't know how to go about making them clean so here was my attempt at it. I usually used a ton of Italian seasoned bread crumbs. These were one of the first things to leave my pantry as they had a ton of salt and some ingredients I couldn't even pronounce. Here was the finished product:
Ingredients:
2 pounds ground turkey
2 eggs
2 coves garlic
2 Tbsp. minced onion
2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
2-4 slices Ezekiel bread

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Toast the slices of Ezekiel bread
3. Put the toasted bread in the food processor and make the bread crumbs
4. Mix all the ingredients together
5. Roll into whatever size ball you want
6. Place a wire rack on top of a standard sized cookie pan
7. Spray rack with cooking spray
8. Place meatballs on the rack
9. Bake for 30 minutes

One night we made meatball sandwiches with these. We used Ezekiel English Muffins as the bread. We used my homemade pizza sauce as the sauce. Then we added onions and peppers as the vegetable. I added a little cheese to the top and put in the oven on broil for a few minutes to melt.

The second night I served these with whole wheat spaghetti noodles and homemade spaghetti sauce.

I hope you enjoy these as much as my family did.

No comments:

Post a Comment