Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Workout and Pregnancy

One of the most common question I get lately is "Aren't you sad you lost all the weight just to gain it back?" I can honestly say I am not. I know that in April when I started this I was at 172. This wasn't my heaviest but I knew it wasn't healthy. I also knew that if I didn't control my weigh that I'd balloon back up to 210 where I started in January of 2012. I knew my energy level was low. I knew that I wasn't eating correctly and it was effecting my ability to play with my kids.

Yes over the last four months I lost 28 pounds. Yes I made it to my goal weight of 144. But now I am gaining weight, but for a very different reason. I am growing a little human being inside of me. One of God's miracles is forming right in my womb.
13 weeks today at the zoo

Over the first 13 weeks of my pregnancy I have managed to not gain a single pound. Yes I've missed a few workouts. Yes I've had a few splurge days with eating/cravings. But I know that I can jump right back onto my healthy lifestyle and feel the best I ever have. I know that over the next 27 weeks I will gain 25 or more pounds and I am OK with that. The outcome is worth it.

healthy pregnancy weight gain chart

I also know that my body shape it changing. Last night at the MOPS steering team meeting a friend pointed out that I was finally looking like I was pregnant. I have the start of a baby bump forming. This is so exciting!

I also know that gaining the weight isn't because I'm trying to drown myself in food. It isn't because I am eating because I'm stressed, bored, tired, or angry. I'm fueling my body with healthy items. I know I'm filling my stomach with foods that are good for my baby and not the crap I used to eat.
fullness of stomach with same calories of different foods
 
 
I also know that once the baby is born I will be able to lose the weight with some hard work and dedication. Because I've done it over the last four months I know that I can do it again. I know that I will be at my ultimate goal weight within six months of giving birth.
 
So am I upset to have lost the weight just to gain it back? Not at all! I started out in a healthy BMI this pregnancy and plan to have a healthy pregnancy the Lord willing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment