Friday, August 22, 2014

Zucchini Bread

I have had an excess in zucchini so I decided to make zucchini bread. I had no clue how I was going to make it healthy. Most breads I know use white flour and sugar. I figured I could try to substitute some ingredients to make it healthier. Here was my final product.
 
Ingredients:
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
2.5 cups zucchini shredded (about 2 medium zucchinis)
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tsp. real vanilla
 
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Mix Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, and Cinnamon in a Medium Mixing Bowl.
3. Add Eggs, Apple Sauce and Vanilla to your stand mixer bowl.
4. Beat until mixed
5. Slowly add mixed dried ingredients.
6. Once adequately mixed, slowly add the zucchini until thoroughly incorporated
7. Grease a loaf pan
8. Add mixture to the greased loaf pan
9. Bake 40-50 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
10. Let cool for about 15 minutes and then flip pan over to remove loaf.
 
I hope you enjoy this zucchini bread as much as our family did. I made two loaves and wrapped one in foil and froze it for a later date. This is a great morning snack. Hope you a have blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment