Tuesday, March 3, 2015

D's Birth Story

I wanted to write up Ds birth story as I'm still amazed at myself and what I accomplished. God is truly good and an amazing creator. I'm amazed every day how he made woman and all the things we can do.

As many know my pass two births have not gone completely as planned. With the first my water broke and I was group B + so they put me on Pitocin. That was the only drug that I had during delivery so it was painful during transition. With the twins I had an epidural and was in the OR incase the babies started destating and they were both born vaginally. With the third I was hoping I could have the delivery I always wanted and I did.

At around 4:00 PM I woke up from a nap with Brianna and was noticing some cramping I also thought I may have had my water break but wasn't completely sure. I called Brian and he wasn't answering. I called my mother in law and told her she should probably prepare to come to our place. I started to get everything ready to go to the hospital.

labor selfie
Around 4:50 Brian got home. I was having contractions every 10 minutes. I had his birthday dinner in the oven and he started to get everything ready so the girls would be able to eat.

By 5:15 the contractions were coming at about 6 minutes a part. Brian called our neighbor who came down to watch the three girls. I'm so lucky to have such great neighbors where we live. They are so awesome and it is a great place for my kids to grow up.

By 5:30 we were at the hospital. I broke the snow scraper on the way out of the car. This was hilarious as the day we came home there was about an inch of ice on the car and we are in winter here in Erie. Don't worry my awesome husband has already purchased a new one.

I walked into the OB ward of the hospital and both nurses were so excited. My husband works at the hospital that I delivered at so it was awesome that they were waiting for us and ready.

My OB showed up a short while later. He is an amazing man. He is so laid back. He also has a sense of humor.

The nice thing about delivering at a small hospital was that both nurses were attending to me. There was only one other patient on the floor as she had delivered two days prior. It was strange as the last two I had at Magee and it was always different people in and out and they were always very busy.
labor selfie 2
We were sitting there discussing an upcoming vacation that my OB was taking and I remember thinking "wow this isn't so bad".

My OB decided that he wanted to check me and he said you are at 9 cm. I remember thinking that I would see my baby soon. He said that he wanted to break my water. I went to sit up for him to do this and it broke on its own.

A few minutes later I knew I had to push. 4 pushes later Danielle was born. I remember when my OB said it was a girl thinking Wait What? I would have swore it was a boy. It was such a happy surprise. God knows that I can handle girls and wouldn't be a good mom for boys.

They put her on my chest and it was love at first site

When they weighed D she was 6 pounds 13 ounces.
Abby weighed 6 pound 13 ounces. D was 19 inches long. A was 19.75 inches long. They were both born at 38 weeks and 2 days.
They handed her back to me after being weighed and measured and cleaned up and she latched right on. This was exciting as I had a ton of problems with A and pumped for three months with B and C because they were in the NICU.
My hospital stay was incredible. You stay in the same room you deliver in. No one else came in to have a baby. So the entire stay there were two nurses and two patients. It was awesome.

The food was good for a hospital. Also the staff were incredible. After two nights  was discharged. I don't sleep well without my husband. Also that first night I was poked and prodded ever few hours.

We weren't even home an hour and this is what I did:

This was such an awesome experience. People keep asking if we are going to have another to try for a boy. I don't want to have another as this experience was too perfect and I don't want to play the odds. My husband is such an incredible father to our four girls and such an amazing partner for me. He is used to the pink that has taken over our household and doesn't mind not having a boy.

I pray each day that we raise all four girls to be Godly women. Thank you God for giving me the privilege to be their mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment