Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Why I'm Succeeding!

If you have known me for a long time you may know how skinny I was in high school. Then during college I just let myself go. I thought I could eat like I was in high school and I wasn't as active so I just packed on the pounds. Once we got married I tried to lose the weight and was relatively successful. Once we had kids I just let myself go again. Who had time to exercise? Why should I eat right? Finishing their meals won't hurt me? I should take a nap because the baby is sleeping. The list of excuses went on and on. Can anyone else relate?
I had tried a ton of other things to lose the weight. See my fitness story to see what all I had tried. Everything wasn't successful or was only temporarily successful. I would  always put back on the weight or I would just stay at the same weight but be unhappy.  I always let the excuses get the best of me.
Last year around this time I knew I had to do something different. I was struggling to keep up with my three little girls. My blood pressure was high. I was always tired and felt sluggish. We'd go outside and I'd chase them for about five minutes and then be winded and have to sit down. I wasn't happy with myself. My clothes weren't fitting any more and I was determined to not buy a bigger size.

My friend was a Beachbody coach and  she convinced me to join her in her fitness journey. On April 7th of last year I started the 21 Day Fix. Within 21 days I had lost 9 pounds and 16.25 inches. After 63 days I had lost 20.5 pounds and 19.25 inches. At the end of 91 days I had lost an amazing 25.8 pounds and 22.5 inches.

Why was this time different from all the other times I tried? Why was I so successful? I'll give you one word....Shakeology. Shakeology was so easy to make. I simply placed a scope of Shakeology with 12-14 ounces of water and a cup of frozen fruit blend and drink. It I was really short on time I could mix with just water and be done. It was so awesome especially with three busy little girls.

Once I got pregnant I continued to drink my Shakeology every morning. I've always had problems while I was pregnant with getting enough nutrients. I was always deficient in calcium and vitamin D. I was amazed that during this pregnancy I wasn't deficient at all in any vitamins or nutrients. I didn't need to take my prenatals anymore. I just add the folic acid. It really was a lifesaver for my pregnancy.

Also since I was working out every day my blood pressure was awesome. My blood pressure would always increase with pregnancy and this time it was prefect the entire time. I attribute this to workouts that were 30 minutes that I could do seven days a week and not get bored. It also helped that I was eating the correct things as the Shakeology curbed my cravings so I wasn't eating a ton of junk.
Drinking Shakeology after having baby #4
So why do I think Shakeology is such a big part of my transformation? Did you know most are nutrient deficient and to get all the nutrients you need you'd need to eat 27575 calories? Yes I just said to get the major 27 micronutrients your body needs for the day you need to eat over 25000 calories! (article). But by drinking Shakeology everyday I am getting all of my nutrients and vitamins. I am not deficient in any of them.

I think because I have Shakeology every morning with all these nutrients I am not as tempted to go for the sweets. I have wanted to eat all the yummy fruits and vegetables. I also have so much more energy. I also feel like I can do any workout as I know it will help my body be the best it can be.

 I was so excited when earlier this month Beachbody started selling the super sampler.  This is great way for you to try all six Shakeology flavors and see for yourself how much better you can feel. It also allows you to see which flavor you like without having to purchase a big bag.
Please let me know if you are interested in trying Shakeology. I love Shakeology and it has been so awesome. I'd love to show you what it could do for you. Hope you have an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment