Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 3 Recap

I cannot believe that it is the last week of my first round of the 21 Day Fix post baby number four. This has definitely been my hardest round. I really had to push myself to get all the workouts in. I also know my nutrition was as perfect as it should have been. I know there is room for improvement there but I know I did my best given the fact that I had a new baby in the house and three other kids under five to take care of.

Monday was such a great day. I actually got over six hours of sleep last night. This never happens and was such an awesome treat. This made me feel awesome today. I started off the day by doing Yoga with B and C while A was in school. This was to make up since I didn't get it in yesterday and I needed the stretch. My shoulders were so tight. It felt great to do all the stretches and get limber again.

Then the stars aligned and all four were sleeping at the same time during the early afternoon before my afternoon snack. So I hurried up and got Total Body Cardio completed before the baby woke up to be fed. I did the entire workout with 8 pound weights and no modifiers. I was so proud of myself. I cannot believe how much stronger I already am.

Then I ate my afternoon snack and fed the baby. Once I got her back down I decided to hurry up and do the 10 minute abs since all four were sleeping again. This felt so good. I'm hoping to add this ten minute workout every day this week. It is ambitious but I want to see results.

My nutrition was spot on today. It felt so good to eat the right things in the right proportions and have my body properly fueled.

Tuesday morning D wanted to be held all morning. She just wouldn't let me put her down. After I got everyone asleep for nap and I actually got her set down I rushed to complete my workout. I know I'm getting stronger as I was able to do 30 pushups on my knees each round and didn't have to modify anything else. I also did 10 minute abs. I can see a change in my stomach as a result of the exercises. I'm definitely getting more tone.

My nutrition was spot on today again. I did however miss my morning snack since D wouldn't let me put her down. I didn't let this affect my lunch. I stuck to what was on my plan and that was it. I was proud of myself for not letting myself eat the extra.

Wednesday is Leg Day. Leg day and I have a love hate relationship. I love it because I know I'm getting stronger by doing it. I hate it as that 10 seconds holds are a killer! I had to do this in the morning as I had two sick little girls last night. It was a long night. A woke up around midnight with a 105.8 temperature and was puking. It was scary. We put her in a cold bath, gave her medicine, and got the fever down to 100.5. Brian cuddled her the rest of the night. C woke up around 3:30 with a 102.5 temperature. We gave her medicine and I cuddled her till she feel back asleep. Both seem to be doing better this morning. Their fevers are both lower. No one has puked today but as a result I wanted to be able to nap at nap time so I worked out this morning.
I also added the 10 minute abs again today. My abs are sore! I pushed through the workout, but could definitely feel this was the third day in a row that I completed this workout.

My nutrition was spot on today. It is so good to be fueling my body correctly. I'm also eating for two so I need to make sure I'm giving the baby proper nutrients too. I'm feeling great.

Thursday is Pilates. A was off school today and since everyone had fevers yesterday I canceled all my plans and we stayed home. We had a tea party for snack. Then she wanted a dance party. I'm so glad my girls are on the mend.

I ended up waiting to do my workout until Brian for home. It was nice to workout with him. I'm getting so much stronger. my only modified move was the plank hip drop. I didn't do abs today as they are burned out. I needed a break.

One funny thing our 3 year old said to us today was "If you don't workout your stomach will be fat". this made us laugh. She gets the point. I love that they watch us and really know why we are making the changes.

My nutrition was spot on today. I loved that I am sticking to the eating plan. I really wanted chocolate as I am posing but I didn't give in.

Friday and it is time for Cardio Fix. I was so tired today. I really wanted to just not work out. I wanted to say I'm too tired but I pushed through and worked out. I was so glad I did. It gave me more energy for the rest of the day. It felt so awesome.

My clothes are feeling loser so I know I'm making progress. I also know my nutrition was spot on today. I'm excited that this week I was able to keep my eating under control this week even though I was tried.

I love Saturdays. We get some fun time as a family. We have a lazy Saturday morning just relaxing and then usually do something as a family. Today we just played Just Dance Disney and relaxed.

We did Dirty 30. I felt so good. I did the entire workout with 5 and 8 pound weights. I had to modify the side plank leg lifts and that was it. I even had to use a 15 lb weight on the ab exercise. Such a great workout.

Then I did the Ab Fix. I'm doing more reps so I know I'm getting stronger. Not my usual post workout selfie but someone was too hungry for mommy to wait for mommy any longer.
 nutrition was spot on again today. I'm loving this last week.

I love our lazy Sundays. We were on the church nursery desk this morning so I put on real clothes for the first time in a week. With two sick little ones and a newborn I was living in yoga pants. It felt good to put on "normal" clothes. The other awesome thing was I put on a prepregnancy outfit. This is such an accomplishment in 21 days. Hello size 10.

I cannot wait to weigh and measure. I'm excited at the way things are fitting. I did have a cheat today. I had a milkshake. I made it a small and it was a good treat.

Today was Yoga Fix. I love the stretch. It felt awesome to complete my first 21 days post baby 4. I cannot wait to share my results tomorrow. Come back and check them out. Have a blessed Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment