Friday, March 6, 2015

Tortilla Soup

I love making crock pot meal and trying new things. The other day I tried to clean up my Tortilla Soup recipe. I had enough that we put some in the freezer and I had it yesterday evening to help everyone get better.


Ingredients:
2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cubed
2 cans Olives drained (make sure low sodium)
1 can Diced Tomatoes drained
1 can Diced Tomatoes
2 Sweet Peppers (I used an orange and a red)
2 Small Sweet Onions
1 Small Package Frozen Corn
4 cups Chicken Broth
1 small can green chilies
1Tbsp. Cumin
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp. Cilantro

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in a large crock pot
2. Cook on low 6-8 hours

You can serve this with a small dollop of Greek Yogurt. You can also serve it with whole wheat tortillas. It is so yummy and definitely comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment