Sunday, July 27, 2014

Apple Pie Imposter Snack

So I was hungry for chocolate today. I was sad a we only had vanilla Shakeology in my pantry. Usually when I get a chocolate attack I can drink the chocolate Shakeology and satisfy my chocolate craving. Plus the Shakeology makes me feel better all around with all the vitamins and nutrients and not all the sugar and caffeine of chocolate.

Here is what I made instead.


Ingredients:
1 whole wheat tortilla
1 tsp dark chocolate chips melted
1 cup apples sliced
1 Tbsp Cinnamon.

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Place the apples in a 8x8 shallow baking dish
3. Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
4. Bake apples for 30 minutes
5. Meanwhile spread melted chocolate on the tortilla
6. Once apples are done place the apples on the chocolate covered tortilla and enjoy.

This was so yummy and was just sweet enough without going overboard to satisfy my sweet tooth for today. Thank goodness the chocolate Shakeology arrived this afternoon as I need to curb these cravings before I gain a ton of weight this pregnancy. I hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment