Thursday, July 10, 2014

Are these all yours?

So lately I've been really bothered by two questions that I get asked on a regular basis. First let me set it up. I'm out with my three girls at either SAMS Cub or Wegmans. We are grocery shopping. Two are usually in the cart and the third is helping me put stuff in the cart not because I am asking her to but because she loves to help.  All three, being the social girls they are, smile and wave and say hi to each person that passes by. To which said passerby turns and looks at me and says "Are these all yours?"

Every time I hear this questions I want to say it is none of your business. But usually I say yes ma'am they are all mine. Their follow up comment is usually "Wow you must have your hands full." To which I usually reply "Some days are harder than others, but they are blessings from God and I enjoy everyday I get to spend with them". The next question usually is "Are they twins?" I reply usually reply yes. Their parting comment usually go something like "You must be crazy."

Why am I crazy? I made the choice to get pregnant. Yes the twins were unexpected but I still was happy to be pregnant again and wouldn't change it for the world. I always wanted a big family so that my children had siblings to play with. Since I was an only child I wanted my kids to have brothers or sisters to be able to have that bond.


God gave these kids to me and I love them! They were chosen by Him to be mine. They were created especially for me. Last night in bible study I kept thinking that God created each of my kids to grow me. He gave them personalities that challenge mine so that I have to turn towards him for my strength each day. 

Does anyone else think I'm crazy for feeling this way? I know I was with another mom of four beautiful girls this morning and she also thinks these questions are ridiculous too. I know having more than one child isn't for everyone but we made these choice and we love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment