Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bouncy Ball Fail

I recently had saw a post about how to make bouncy balls from the site: http://pagingfunmums.com/2013/09/19/diy-bouncy-balls/
I tried these and they were an epic fail. I just wanted to show you that not all things we try turn out like they should. I'm only human!

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp white glue
food coloring
2 Tbsp hot water
1/2 tsp Borax
1 Tbsp Flour



Directions:
1. Mix the Borax and hot water in a cup until all the Borax is dissolved.

2. Squeeze the glue into a second cup. We wanted to make a lot of bouncy balls so I let them use the whole bottle and adjusted the ratios based on the volume in the entire glue bottle.


3. Add the food coloring to the glue




4. Mix the two cups
5. Add flour and stir
6. Once it gets hard to stir take out and mix with your hands. For use the dough was way to sticky. We had to add more flour.

 7. Roll out into balls
 
As you can see it made many bouncy balls, but the balls didn't actually bounce. ABC had fun playing with the dough like it was play dough and made various objects. B and C also had fun rolling the balls around. 

 
One thought I had is I used cheap dollar store glue. I may true this again with Elmer's glue. IT was still a fun morning with ABC!


No comments:

Post a Comment