Monday, July 14, 2014

T25 Alpha results and two week Piyo review

So today was the first day of T25 Beta cycle and I wanted to share with you the results from our Alpha round of T25.
As you can see we did great with the Alpha round! Brian's body has changed so much this round. His pants are fitting do much better. I also noticed that my 8s are now too big and I am going to have to drop down a size.
Now onto an update with Piyo. With doing T25 everyday I've only been doing Piyo three times a week. I've been doing it on the days that I did Today Body Cardio or Cardio for T25. This gave me a good stretch before these workouts.

I started out with the Align on Day 1. This is such a great video. I loved how it broke down each move into simple steps. I loved how it walked you through the moves you'd be doing for the rest of the program. It is such a great tool to have especially if you are a visual person and want to make sure you are doing each position correctly.



So far I have tried the Drench workout, the Sweat workout and the Sculpt workout. I can actually say I didn't sweat with the Drench workout. I got a great stretch and felt very limber afterwards.

The Sweat workout was by far my favorite workout so far. It is a great total body workout with lots of leg and upper body work. It does have a lot of squats and lunges for the lower body. It also has many push ups for the lower body.

After finishing the Sculpt workout my entire body was sore, but a good kind of sore. I knew I used muscles I hadn't used in awhile.

One unexpected side effect of doing the Piyo was that the T25 for the day was actually easier. I felt like I could move easier. I think by being stretched out in the morning with Piyo when we did T25 in the afternoon I was able to move better and more efficiently.

I have another friend who loves to run. She told me on the days that she does Piyo she can actually run longer, faster and harder than the days she doesn't.

My Piyo experience so far has been awesome. I cannot wait to continue this workout program and actually focus on it once I complete T25 Beta in five weeks. Are you looking for a great low impact workout? Then Piyo is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment