Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fruit Salsa

Last week my friend and fellow coach Molly had posted a pineapple salsa recipe. I had a very ripe Pineapple that one of Brian's students brought him as a thank gift. She was going to bring him a cheese cake, but since she new he was trying to eat clean she brought him two pineapples instead. I decided to change this recipe into a fruit salsa instead of just a pineapple salsa as I knew we were headed to the beach for dinner and I had purchased some really yummy chicken, Asiago cheese and spinach sausages. I also knew that it would be great for a snack with some Simply Naked Pita Chips!
Ingredients:
1 Pineapple Peeled, Cored and Diced Finely
2 Apples Cored and Diced Finely (I used to red Galas)
5 Small Kiwi Peeled and Diced Finely
4 Mandarin Oranges Peeled and Diced Finely
1/2 Medium Red Onion Diced Finley
4 Cloves of Garlic Minced Finely
1 Yellow Sweet Pepper Diced Finley
1 Orange Sweet Pepper Diced Finely
Jalapeno Pepper Seeds Removed Diced Finely to taste. I used half of a medium sized pepper
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro Roughly Chopped

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large container
2. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving

The girls absolutely loved it. They were even dipping their Ezekiel Toast in it the next morning. I will definitely make this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment