Monday, July 21, 2014

T25 Beta Week 1

So we made it through T25 week 1 Beta. IT is a new set of workouts with higher intensity and harder moves. I'm actually enjoying Beta more than I did alpha. I don't know if it is because I am stronger or the fact that there workouts are so jammed packed that 25 minutes goes by really quickly. I loved this week.

T25 Beta round started off with Core Cardio. This workout made me sweat. All of the moves focused on strengthening your core, but you didn't stop. All the moves were designed to get your heart rate up and make the blood flow faster. Here is us being silly after Monday's Workout:




















On Tuesday we did Speed 2.0. I think this is by far my favorite workout. There were three rounds. Each round had a few different exercise. You'd do the exercises in the round once to "learn" them. Then you'd do the a second time faster and a third time even faster. Then you'd move on to the next round. Near the end of the workout you put all three rounds together and sis all the exercises in the workout. It was so much fun. I don't think I have ever sweated as hard as I did while doing this workout!
On Wednesday was the Rip't Circuit. While doing this workout I didn't feel like I was working this much. I also didn't sweat as much as the previous two days. But later int he evening I was feeling it all over my body. This workout uses a combination of cardio moves and weight training to give you an all over workout. I used 10 lbs weights this week but know I'll need to bump up to 12 lbs next week as it was a little too easy.

On Thursday was Dynamic Core. This started out looking like just another cardio workout, but by the end my Abs were screaming. At the end there was even side plank holds and side plank hip drops. If you've been following me for awhile this was the one move from the 21 Day Fix that took me a long time to master. Today it seemed like second nature and was even a little easy! I'm proud of how far I've come.

Friday was Upper Focus. This work out uses weights to define your upper body. By the time it was time to travel to our MOPS retreat my arms felt like jello! The double workout on Friday was Core Cardio. I didn't;t get to the double this week with trying to prepare for a night away from my house.

Saturday is a rest day. I needed the rest day this week. I was sore but in a good way.

Sunday was the stretch video. This week I went back to the 21 Day Fix yoga video. I needed more of a stretch in my arms than the T25 Stretch video gives.

All in all we had a great first week of T25 Beta. I'm loving this workout and cannot wait to see what the next for weeks brings. If you are interested in joining me in my next challenge group Tuesday is the last day to sign up:
Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment