Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Beach Day

So today we finally got to go to the beach. This is the first time we have been all summer! Usually we are there at least once a week, but between Brian's vacation days, not having a car because the girls hid our keys, and the weather we haven't been there. It was so nice to final be able to play on the beach.
As I was sitting there early this morning watching ABC play I couldn't help but think back to last year at this time. A friend Kari and I were at our bible study together and I had mentioned how fat I felt in my bathing suit. I had even said to her I was embarrassed by the way I looked  in my bathing suit.

Did I do anything about it? No! I continued to eat unhealthy. I continued to eat whatever I wanted and when I wanted to. I'll never forget when my friend Jeanette asked me to join her in her new clean eating journey. I thought she was completely nuts. I did however contact her sister, Rachel, and get the information. I will never forget thinking "No meal replacement shake could ever be that good to spend that much money!" I also thought that Beachbody was just another company selling products on infomercials that really didn't work.

Then it was April of this year and I remember knowing I had to do something. My PCP was on me because of how overweight I was. He told me I needed to get to at least 150 lbs to be healthy. I remember thinking now what?

My friend Jeanette had become a Beachbody coach during that time and had an amazing transformation so I decided to go for it. What did I have to lose? A little money and if it worked I had much more to gain a healthy lifestyle.

Now I am a little over 13 weeks later and have lost over 25 pounds. I am 3 pounds from my goal weight of 144! I cannot believe I'm even saying that. It is hard for me to believe how far I have come. God is so good. I love how he brings the right people into our lives at the right time to help you through any situation.

Today I was on the beach and pretty proud of how I looked in my bathing suit. Yes my bathing suit is too big. Yes I need a new one. But unlike last year I looked good in it. I also was able to play with my kids the entire time we were there. I spent over an hour in the water with A and helped all three build a sand castle.

To any of you who are skeptical today I'd say give Beachbody a try. Shakeology is so worth it. Your health is worth it. I'd love to help find a program that is right for you and become your coach. Please contact me to start your fitness journey today. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment