Saturday, May 3, 2014

My Fitness Story

I just wanted to share with you all my transformation. At the top of my blog in my banner you can see pictures from various stages of my life. My wedding picture is from 2005. The SCUBA picture is from 2006. The picture with Brian and A is from 2011 just 13 days before I had B and C. The Halloween is from 2012 and the picture of me and B and C is from summer 2013. As you can see I've struggled with my weight over the years.

In June 2011 the B&C were born at 27 weeks. We spent 60 days in the NICU. They came home and a little over a month later we moved to Erie. With two premies we weren't really allowed to go anywhere. It was RSV season and winter in Erie. I started to eat for something to do. I didn't have any friends in Erie and was lonely. I continued to gain weight till I was as big as I was the day I had the twins.

In January 2012 I knew I had to do something.  A friend from Pittsburgh had mentioned an Online Bible Study (OBS) of "Made To Crave" by Lysa TurkHurst. I jumped right in. At the same time another friend mentioned she was doing a study called "A Confident Heart" by Renee Swope. Through the OBS community I started making friends and felt like I could handle this time of being inside. I also realize God was trying to bring me closer to him. My relationship with him became so much closer during those few months of isolation.

Part of "Made to Crave" is all about craving God more than food. Every time I wanted a snack I would pray to God about whether I really needed that snack or not. Over the next six months I dropped from 210 to 190. It was such a relief to be doing something about my weight.

It was summer and ice cream became a favorite. Every time we went to the beach we'd stop for ice cream on the way home. We were going to the beach at least twice a week so these "treats" were killing my progress. But since we were more active and were actually getting out I was maintaining my weight.

Winter came and I lost my motivation. I still wasn't eating snacks as much but wasn't really watching. I didn't gain any more weight but was doing ok.

January 2013 came and I knew I needed to do something. The twins were starting to walk and I needed to be able to keep up with them. A friend from high school had started to do workouts with their sister in law on benderfitness.com. I started to do these workouts at home with him. Over the next year I lost 23 pounds and 30 inches.

But of course winter came and I didn't want to workout. I didn't have any motivation. I started the winter at 167 and came out at 186. See my problem every winter I lose my motivation.

So here I was in January of 2014 thinking I did it again. And of course OBS was doing "Made to Crave" again so it brought me back full circle. I knew that this time had to be different. I was sitting at 186 and knew I needed to lose the weight.

I had started back doing workouts on benderfitness.com but wasn't really doing them for very long each day. I was only doing 15 minutes each day. I got myself down to 172.

My friend Jeanette had been transforming herself with Beachbody products since September of 2013. I had watched her lose weight, become stronger and more of her personality shine even more. She became a coach in February and when she asked me to join her "21 Day Fix" challenge group at the beginning of April I said yes.

After one week I lost 5 pounds. It was so easy to follow. The portion control portion of the program was exactly what I needed. The workouts were challenging, but fun. They also had enough variety that I didn't get bored.

When she asked me if I wanted to become a coach I said yes. I was so excited for this new journey in my life. I also knew with the accountability I would be able to lose the weight and keep the weight off with others "watching" me.

After my first 21 days I lost 9 lbs and 16.25 inches. I am still on the program and will update my results. For know here is a picture of my first 21 days results:

After my 2nd 21 days I lost another 2.4 pounds and another 1.5  inches for a total weight loss of 14.6 pounds and 17.75 inches.

After my third round I lost another 5.6 pounds and another 1.5 inches. I feel so much better about myself. I am now comfortably in an eight and can fit into some six. I am amazed at how much my body has changed.

After three rounds of the 21 Day Fix we switched it up to T25. I lost another 5.6 pounds and 3.25 inches. Brian has ben doing this with me all along. Here are our results after the alpha phase:
During the Beta cycle of T25  I found out I was pregnant with our fourth child.
 I finished T25 beta cycle and went back and finished  three more rounds of the fix. The I switched it up to Piyo. I did that for 8 weeks and then switched to the 21 Day Fix modified.  I only gained 35 pounds during my pregnancy.


So if you are interested in a Beachbody product I'd be happy to help you pick one. I also love to talk bout my faith and family and look forward to sharing this journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment