Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

Father's day is a really hard day for me. The two father's I had when I was little my mom divorced each of them. I wasn't really sure what a father should look like until I got to know Brian and his family. Then I got an incredible father in my father-in-law. He is such a gentle and kind man. He will help out when you need it. He will give you advice and won't sugar coat it when he needs to be firm. He disciplines out of love and not hatred. He loves our kids, his grandgirls, more than life itself. I'm so lucky to have him.


My girls and I are also lucky to have Brian as the spiritual leader in our household.  I love how we have God at both the center of our marriage and the center of our home. This makes our house and marriage so strong.

Brian is such a great role model for the girls. He has learned balance so well and does a great job, most of the time, balancing work, extracurricular activities, the girls and house work. He loves to spend time with the girls. They are so excited to see him when he comes home. The run to the door, jump up and down and yell "Daddy's home."

I'm lucky as he helps out around the house. He loves to help me cook. He loves playing with the girls. He usually reads the girls bed time stories and snuggles them to sleep. He is more patient with them most of the time. I'm lucky that he prays for us and our family. That he enjoys running our small group. That he supports me in all my endeavors. That I can bounce an idea off of him and get valued and valid feedback. If I'm having a bad day he will just sit there and listen and not even have to offer up any advice. He'll just let me talk it out.

I'm also grateful that we can share some things like our love for leadership training and books, SCUBA diving, water skiing, and reading for fun. I love that we can play together and I think that is another part of what makes our relationship so strong. 


Happy Father's day to my Father in law Dave and to Brian the father of my three beautiful girls. Hope you bot have the perfect day. And Happy Father's Day to all the Father's around the world!

Tell me why Father's Day is special to you and your father, father-in-law or husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment