Thursday, June 5, 2014

Two months down


I cannot believe I am two months in to my fitness transformation. I started this journey on April 7th thinking that this would not work. I keep thinking I've tried so many things like this and they haven't worked why is this going to work? I knew I had the support of my coach. I also saw her results the last eight months so I knew there was something to it but was still skeptical

One of the most skeptical things was Shakeology.

My bioengineering mind kept saying that Shakeology had to be bunk. That it didn't do anything. There is no way replacing one meal a day with it could be healthy let alone benefit me.

I remember the day I asked Brian to do this with me and buy Shakeology. His first question was what is in it. I sent him the ingredient list. I remember him researching it. He actually said that everything in it was all natural as they claimed. He also commented that there were no fillers and that it actually might help promote a healthy lifestyle. He gave me the go ahead to try it for 30 days for both of us.

Within the first week we noticed such a difference in our energy levels, our fitness levels, and our cravings. Shakeology is absolutely NOT bunk. It will absolutely help you reach your goals. I don't want to quit drinking it now. Between the exercising and the Shakeology I have lost 20 pounds in eight weeks. I have also lost over 17 inches.

The proof is in how I feel. I haven't felt better. I have so much energy. The kids are loving it as mommy is always running around the yard with them. I hardly ever have to sit down because mommy is too tired or too winded to keep going.

One change in my mindset that I noticed is that when I have a bad day I don't want to go straight for the chocolate or the Dairy Queen blizzards. I can usually just run off my frustrations with the girls while playing. I also can see when I thirsty instead of hungry now which then leads me to drink more instead of wanting to hit the snacks.

During the first two months my challenge has really been not eating off the girls plate. It is a really bad habit for me. We finish a meal and there is fish left on the girl's plates. I know that the fish was expensive so it is hard for me to throw away. So I eat the last few morsels. All these morsels add up. Therefore I have trained myself to throw away their dinner as soon as we are done.

This last week I am really proud of myself for getting up at 5AM every morning. It has been such a blessing to get our workouts out of the way and have the rest of the days to enjoy as family. I actually look forward to our 5AM wake up now. Don't get me wrong some mornings I still standing in our TV room grumpy that I'm not in bed when we hit play, but by the end of the workout I rejuvenated and feeling great. It is definitely a great start to my day.

On thing I want to promise myself is that at the end of this third round I will treat myself. My treat is going to be a hair cut. I haven't had a hair cut since we were in Vegas last December (2012). Therefore I am way over due and it will be a great way to give myself a treat.

So what is my next step? I haven't quite decided. One Sunday I will end my third round of the 21 Day Fix. Last month we purchased Focus T25 as it was on special. We may stick with 21 Day Fix for a fourth round or we may move on to T25. I'm lucky that I have such a great workout partner, friend and husband!

I'm loving this journey and don't plan on stopping until I get to my goal. I'm loving my challenge groups, coaching and Shakeology. I still cannot believe that just eight weeks ago I was the person sitting on the coach saying there is no way this will work. Now I am a believer and I think by my progress pictures you can see that the products are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment