Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Transformation Tuesday -- Jeanette Paradis

Thank you all for hoping over to my blog. For today's transformation Tuesday I have my upline coach Jeanette Paradis with us. She is the one who inspired me to start a Beachbody Challenge group and then become a Beachbody Coach. I'm excited to be working with her in this capacity.

Tell us a little about yourself –

My name is Jeanette Paradis and I live in Erie, PA.  We are a homeschooling family and our daughter is age 7 and our son is age 5.  Prior to being home with my kids, I had spent much of my life working with horses.  I was a rider and also an instructor who coached students at home and also at competitions.   This is a rather physically-demanding field and in combination with my then-younger self, it was enough to keep me in decent shape. Then I became a mom and everything changed!  Suddenly I found myself in a whole new world and needed to learn how to best manage myself within it.  I joined a local MOPS group when my daughter was a couple of months old and this became the community of support that helped me to really make the most of my motherhood experience.  I have since become involved with leading women's ministry at our church.

Why did you decide to do a Beachbody program? 

I began as a Beachbody customer in September of 2013. I really needed to make some changes in my own life!  My youngest sister had experienced great success while approaching her own transformation through Beachbody.  She decided to become a coach and jumped in with helping others who were wanting to change their own lives!  This was the push that I needed to get myself going! Since then I have lost about 50 pounds and can't imagine ever leaving this new lifestyle!  I wanted to lose the "baby weight" that had been lingering for the past 4+ years! I began to learn about clean eating.  I ordered the "Chalean Extreme" program along with Shakeology.  The rest is history.  I have been on an adventure with this ever since!  I have been doing the 21 Day Fix since March 2013 and am looking forward to the release of PiYo later this month.

What was the thing that surprised you the most?

One of the things that I am enjoying the most in my own transformation is that I am taking charge of this one all-important area of my life.  It does mean getting up early to exercise.  It also means taking some time to plan a weekly menu and making sure that I get to the store.  I am saying "no" to many of our old favorites but am pleasantly surprised that it is not nearly as difficult as I thought it may be!  A coach once shared that "Nothing tastes as good as feeling fit feels!"  I agree 100% and keep this truth in mind as I navigate my days.

What would you tell others that are thinking about these programs? 

 Just DO it!!!  Between the right workout, a challenge group, a great coach, Shakeology and learning to eat clean, you ARE going to be successful.  This is so worth it and goes so far beyond just “looking good”.  You are going to feel better than ever and that is priceless!  This is a gift that you can give to yourself and your family.  But YOU have to be the one who makes the decision to begin with your own “Day One”.

Any parting thoughts

I am now in my mid-30's and realized that everything was going to "catch up with me" sometime soon.  I decided to take action and get ahead of the game.   This is typically my approach in most areas of life!  I do not know why I had delayed in tackling my own nutrition and fitness?  I think that it was a combination of a certain comfort level with my self as things were, combined with a fear of what change would bring.  What if I failed and what if it was just so difficult to accomplish that I could not manage it in my day to day life?  This is where having the right tools available made all the difference! Through Beachbody home DVD workouts, nutritional boost via Shakeology and the support of a challenge group, I began to see progress and was hooked! 
 
Here are some of Jeanette's before and after photos:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment