Thursday, June 26, 2014

Shakeology verse Herbalife


So as you know this week I've been highlighting other companies and discussing the difference between Shakeology and other companies products. Today I am going to discuss Herbalife.

Before I jump into the discussion on what Herbalife is I wanted to give you the ingredients list for Shakeology.

As you can see from this document all the ingredients is Shakeology are all natural. There are no artificial sweeteners or fillers.
So now what is Herbalife? From the company's website it says that Herbalife is a company that is dedicated to fighting obesity. They sell nutrition, weight-management, energy and fitness and personal care products. These products include sports drinks, fitness drinks, supplements, enhancers and protein powders.
The one I will examine of the Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake Mix as this is probably the closest product they have to Shakeology. I just choose the Dutch Chocolate label as that is my favorite flavor of Shakeology so I wanted to see how it compared.
3107 Formula1 Dutchchocolate Label Us


    Notice the second ingredient. That's right it is fructose! It has guar gum which is a natural filler. It is a bulk forming laxative. It has low digestibility so it can actually help remove your body of vital nutrients that it needs as they don't have enough time to spend in the body to fully absorb. Look at how many other things on this list you cannot pronounce or not naturally occurring.

To get full benefit from their system you'd not only purchase the shakes, but you'd also purchase 2 other products for weight loss specifically. This would be the Formula 2 Multivitamin Complex, the Formula 3 Cell Activator (R) and the Herbal Tea Concentrate. A quick look at these labels also shows many artificial ingredients and many things you cannot pronounce.

Just the formula 1 shakes cost I was quoted from an independent distributor was about $100 a month. For the entire package I was quoted $150. Shakeology costs $130 a month. This means that Shakeology is still cheaper than their concoction of supplements, shakes, and drinks. But after examining the ingredients of 10 separate products I wouldn't want to put that stuff in my body.

I hope by comparing the two above pdfs you can see the difference between Herbalife and Shakeology. Shakeology is all natural where Herbalife isn't. Shakeology uses natural sweeteners where Herbalife uses fructose. The cost of Herbalife is more expensive than Shakeology but you don't get all the vitamins and minerals that are included in Shakeology in the Herbalife mix.
I leave you with this comparison graphic.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment