Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Bruchetta Chicken Remade

One of our favorite family meals before making the switch to clean eating was Bruschetta Chicken. It used to be loaded with Stove Top Stuffing. Now I cannot even think of eating the stuffing. So much salt and it would feel like lead in my tummy. So I decided last night for dinner I was going to remake bruschetta chicken to be healthier. Here is what I came up with.
Ingredients:
1 lb. Whole Wheat Linguine Noodles cooked per package instructions
2 lbs. Spinach (I used whole leaf, but you could used chopped)
2 lbs. Chicken Breast diced
8 Cloves Garlic minced
2 tsp. Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1 Medium Onion diced
1 14.5 oz. Can Stewed Tomatoes
1 14.5 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
1-2 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar

Directions:
1. Mixed frozen spinach, diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, half the garlic, half the Italian Seasoning and onion in a large pot on high heat.
2. Cover and let cook 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the lid the last few minutes to let the liquid reduce.
4. Meanwhile place chicken, remainder of the garlic, remainder of the Italian Seasoning, and lemon juice in a sauté pan on medium-high heat and cook until the chicken is brown.
5. Add a little balsamic vinegar to taste to the spinach mixture.

To plate for the 21 Day Fix place 1/2 cup of noodles, 1 cup of spinach mixture and 3/4 cup of the chicken in a bowl and mix. This will count for one red, one green, and one yellow container.

I added a small amount of parmesan cheese to the girl's dishes. They loved it so much B asked for it for lunch today.

I hope you enjoy this as much as my family did.

No comments:

Post a Comment