Monday, May 19, 2014

Whole Wheat Pizza

So I decided to try my hand at pizza that would fit my current eating plan. I used a whole wheat crust, lots of veggies and some turkey bacon. It was so good. I made Brian and I smaller pizzas in the correct proportions and then combined all the rest of the dough for the girls and made a huge round large pizza and they ate over half of it for dinner.
This was my pizza!


Here is the details:
Whole Wheat Pizza
Crust Ingredients:
1.5 cups Water
1 tsp. Honey
1.5 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
0.5 tsp. Sea Salt
2-4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1.5 Tbsp. yeast
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. Italian Seasoning

Directions:
1. Mix water, oil, yeast and honey in your stand mixer with dough hook.
2. Add garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
3. Add two cups of flour slowly.
4. Use additional flour until it comes clean from the sides of the bowl.
5. Need approximately 5 minutes until dough like consistency, smooth and elastic.
6. Divide the dough into 10 pieces about 3 oz. each. (NOTE: 1 3 oz piece is one yellow on the 21 Day Fix Eating Plan)
7. You can let these dough balls rise or roll it straight out. I just put it straight onto my counter with some extra flour and rolled it out.

7. I used a tiny bit of olive oil to grease my pan and placed the dough on that.
8. Top each of the ten individual pizzas with 1/4 cup sauce (recipe below), 4 slices low sodium turkey bacon  and 3/4 cup vegetables of your choice (I used peppers, onions and mushrooms).
9. Top with 1/4 low moisture mozzarella cheese shredded

10. Place in oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
11. Enjoy!

Sauce
Ingredients:
3.5 pounds Roma tomatoes
3 cloves Garlic minced
2 tsp. Italian Seasoning

Directions:
1. Remove the tomato skins by placing them in boiling water for no more than a minute.
2. Once skin is removed place tomato in an ice water bath
3. Remove any bruises
4. Remove seeds
5. Place tomatoes in your food processor and turn it on
6. Place tomato sauce in a pan over med-high heat
7. Add garlic and Italian Seasoning
8. Simmer until desired thickness

If you are doing the 21 Day fix one individual pizza served as described above will be one yellow container, one red container, one green container, one blue container and 1/4 tsp..
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family did.

No comments:

Post a Comment