Sunday, May 25, 2014

Salsa Veggies

Good evening all. I tried a made up recipe for dinner tonight. The girls loved it. This is all that is left of 1/2 pound pasta, 5 pork chops and 2 pounds cooked vegetables:

I'd call that a successful dinner. The noodles were just plain whole wheat spiral noodles. The pork chop was just spiced with some no salt, no sugar Mrs. Dash seasoning. Here is the recipe for the veggies:

Salsa Veggies:
Ingredients:
2 pounds uncooked vegetables (I used frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
1/4 cup salsa (make sure there is no added salt or sugar. The kind I used was all natural and had no preservatives)
4 cloves of garlic

Directions:
1. Cook vegetables according to the package.
2. Mince garlic.
3. Mix together veggies, salsa, and garlic.

I hope you enjoy this side as much as my family did. Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment