Thursday, May 8, 2014

What's For Dinner -- Grilled Chicken, with Roasted Cauliflower and Lima Beans

So I decided to grill out tonight since it was so warm here and who knows how long it will last. I decided to try to make a Barbeque like spice for the chicken. I wanted it to fit within the 21 day fix eating plan so I made Roasted Cauliflower for my green and using my teaspoon. For my yellow to round out my meal I made lima beans. Here was the finished product. (NOTE: If one the 21 Day Fix eating plan shown here is 1 red of chicken, 1 green of cauliflower and 1 yellow of lima beans)


Barbequed Grilled Chicken:
Ingredients:
McCormick Backyard Brick oven seasoning (It only has 70 mg of salt per servings, 0 carbohydrates, and 0 calories)
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
1.Heat grill to medium-high heat
2. Sprinkle seasoning on one side of chicken
3. Place chicken seasoning side down on hot grill
4. Sprinkle seasoning on other side
5. Cook five minutes per side or until done.

Roasted Cauliflower:
Ingredients:
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Paprika
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 cups cauliflower

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 400F
2. Cut cauliflower into similar sized pieces.
3. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet
4. Add 6 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
5. Mix until Cauliflower is thoroughly covered
6. Mix 2 tsp. Garlic Powder, 2 tsp. Onion powder, and 2 tsp. Paprika in a small bowl.
7. Power over Cauliflower mixture
8. Mix to cover cauliflower.
9. Place in oven for 30-40 minutes
10. Flip the cauliflower half way through to ensure even cooking

Lima Beans:
Ingredients:
Package of frozen lima beans
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Paprika
Red Wine Vinegar

Directions:
1. Cook lima beans according to the package
2. Drain all excess water
3. Add 2 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar.
4. Mix one tsp. Garlic Powder, one tsp. Onion Powder, and one tsp. Paprika in a small bowl.
5. Pour over lima beans
6. Mix and serve

I hope you enjoy these simple recipes as much as my family did. We didn't have any chicken or cauliflower left. and there was only a small amount of lima beans left.

No comments:

Post a Comment