Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mediteranean Chicken

So this recipe wasn't as successful as I would have liked it to be. I'm still blogging it as many think that it is easy to make a recipe and it to be great and wanted to show that I fail every once in awhile. Not all that I make works and this one was good, but wasn't as flavorful as I would have liked. Here was dinner:
Ingredients:
1 cup Uncooked Brown Rice
1 14.5 oz can Stewed Tomatoes
2 lbs. Chicken Diced
2 bags frozen Spring Vegetables from Wegmans
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion Chopped
2 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
1 Tbsp. Dried Basil
1 Tbsp. Fresh Mint Crushed
2 tsp. Dried Oregano
2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Ground Thyme
1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
Lemon juice

Directions:
1. Cook Rice per package.
2. Mix all dry spices and mint together.
3. Put chicken, olive oil and half of the spice mixture in a sauté pan.
4. Add lemon juice right before it is finished.
5. Put frozen vegetables, stewed tomatoes, other half of the spice mixture another pan.
6. Cover and cook for ten minutes.
7. Removed lid and let liquid reduce.
8. One serving is 3/4 chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice and 1 cup of the vegetables.

If you are following the 21 Day Fix meal plan this will fill one red, one yellow and one green container and one tsp.

I think if I make this again I will add the fresh mint leaves last second instead of cooking them in. The girls still cleaned their plates despite the blandness so it couldn't have been too bad, but I know I can improve on it. Hope everyone has a great evening.
4. Cook over medium high heat until brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment