Saturday, May 31, 2014

The One Move That Has Evaded Me

Most know that for the last eight weeks I have been doing the workout program called the "21 Day Fix". Basically the program has seven thirty minute workouts and a 10 minute Ab workout where you do one 30 minute workout each day and add the Abs in when you can.

Over the last eight weeks I have mastered every move but one. When I say mastered I mean that I can do the unmodified version. This one move is the side plank leg lift:
 The modified version looks like:
This has been the one move I just couldn't do. I didn't have the arm strength. My shoulder would just burn out.

BUT TODAY THIS WAS DIFFERENT! I actually did the entire set in the correct position. I surprised myself. I'm so shocked that in eight weeks I've come this far. I never thought I'd be this strong. I never thought I'd enjoy exercising. I never thought I'd enjoy getting up early to exercise. I'm not saying I'm chipper when the alarm goes off or when we press play, but by the end of our 30 minutes I am full of energy and ready for my day.

I love this new stage of our lives and am not stopping any time soon. Thanks to anyone who joins me in this journey as I know without support I can not succeed. Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment